Awwwards (Awwwards Online SL) is a professional web design and development competition body. It aims to recognize and promote the best of innovative web design. It is a website competition that developers can submit to. The best year-round submissions are awarded at the Awwwards conference and prize-giving ceremony, which take place in various cities across the United States and Europe.
In the first phase of the nomination process, web designers submit their work through Awwwards’ website for consideration for Site of the Day. The work is then judged by the Awwwards community and an international jury panel composed of designers, developers, and agencies. The best daily sites are also published in Awwward’s year-end “The 365 Best Websites Around the World” book.
In the second voting phase, the Site of the Month is chosen. Site of the Month winners proceed to the final judging phase of the competition: Site of the Year. This award is given out at the Awwwards conference and prize-giving ceremony.
The jury consists of multidisciplinary designers, developers, journalists, and agencies from across the globe. The panel assesses the talent, effort, technicality, and insight that goes into the web projects submitted for consideration.
Members of the Awwwards Jury score nominees on four separate criteria: design, creativity, usability and content. High scoring sites can win several different types of awards.
All websites awarded 6.5 or above receive an Honorable Mention.
Site of the Day
Site of the Day recognizes aesthetic, usability, and technical achievements in web design innovation. Sites remain in competition for Site of the Day for three months from the submission date. Only the highest scoring sites are awarded Site of the Day.
Site of the Month
Site of the Year
Site of the Year is selected by the Awwwwards jury from the twelve Sites of the Month plus additional three nominees from the Site of the Day winners as chosen by the Awwwards team.
Developer’s Site of the Year
Selected by the Developer jury from the winners of the Developer Award.
Site of the Year (Users’ Choice)
Selected by all Awwwards users who vote for their favorite site that year.
Designer/Agency of the Year
The prize-giving ceremony is held at the first Awwwards conference of each year. Awards given include Site of the Year, Developer of the Year, Agency of the Year, Independent designer of the Year, and Independent Creative Developer of the Year.
These events consist of two-day conferences featuring influential speakers from the web design industry. They bring together designers, developers, and agency representatives from over 40 different countries. Conference speakers include executives and staff from Microsoft, Google, Spotify, Adobe, Opera, Smashing Magazine, and other companies in the tech industry.
Agency of the Year winners include Hello Monday, Watson/DG, Resn and Locomotive.
- ^ “9 Outstanding Websites for Design Inspiration”. mashable.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Outbrain rising stars – interview with Carolyn Peacock, 8MS | Outbrain partner zone | The Guardian”. theguardian.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “7 Ways To Get Links When Launching A New Website”. searchengineland.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “13 killer website galleries to inspire your designs | Web design | Creative Bloq”. creativebloq.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “theultralinx.com/2012/10/5-places-find-web-design-inspiration/”. theultralinx.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ a b Matthew Bushery. “10 Award-Winning Websites With Kick-Ass Designs”. blog.hubspot.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ a b “Awwwards Conference and Prize Giving 2015 calienta motores | BUSINESS TI | PCWorld”. pcworld.es. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Awwwards.com | CrunchBase”. crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ a b “Awwwards Conference 2015. Enjoy the experience, magical moments, friends and talks”. awwwards.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Choose an option to submit your site”. awwwards.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Awwwards: The Best 365 Websites Around the World 2011 Book Giveaway”. tympanus.net. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ Christopher Jackson. “Where to Find Great Resources for Web Design Inspiration”. thenextweb.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Introducing the Developer Awwward”. blogs.windows.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Awwwards – Website Awards – Best Web Design Trends”. awwwards.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- ^ “Awwwards Conference Barcelona Review | Welance”. welance.de. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
Retrieved from “https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Awwwards&oldid=1003836489“